Saturday, 23 February 2008

The world's best blues guitarist? Compare and contrast.


I was in the car with Maureen and Ian and there was some brain loosening blues guitar playing on their car stereo. (Not the car stereo that went underwater in the great Wadi Sinking of 2008). I asked who it was and that's how I was introduced to the incredible Joe Bonamassa. Thanks for the intro Ian. If you like blues in the style of Led Zep's "Since I've been loving you" or if you like Robin Trower or Gary Moore with a touch of Kenny Wayne Shepherd then Joe Bonamassa is the man for you . He's a blues guitarist and singer from the US who's amazing and I can't understand why he's not better known. (He was a child prodigy and was only 12 years old when he first played with BB King.) His producer works with Joe Satriani, and Bonamassa has also worked with Leslie West so if those two gents are involved then that's it for me anyway, all the boxes are ticked and I'm hooked.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it!

    What do you think of Walter Trout, also on the CD? "Say goodbye to the Blues" was voted by a Dutch radio station as the best best blues song of all time. I don't know about that but it's pretty darn good and is the current "most played" item in my iTunes library.

    See you soon.

    Ian.

    ReplyDelete